Big Data Engineer
Veloxity is a MarTech company based in Silicon Valley. Our product is a mobile user engagement platform where you can target the right mobile customers at the right time with very powerful segmentation for all your campaign products, promotions and other contents. What makes Veloxity unique is that the deep behavioral insights are based on the full network activity on the device.
At Veloxity, we have an open culture and flat organization. We value the creative freedom and our employees’ opinions – input is encouraged, regardless of your position or title. As a member of our engineering team, you will work alongside a talented and passionate team in a constantly evolving startup environment. If you love writing code, excited about working with new technologies, then come talk to us.
We expect you to have / be
- At least 2 years hands-on working experience (on real projects) in Big Data Platforms with the following technologies: Hadoop, HDFS, Impala, Hive, Spark and Cloudera
- Extensive development experience with Java, Spring, (Scala/Python)
- Experience with messaging systems, such as KAFKA
- Experience developing Web Services (REST)
- Good experience on NoSQL databases (especially ElasticSearch, HBase)
- Understanding of data flows, real time analytics (Spark/Kafka Streaming), Big Data ETL tools (such as Sqoop, Kafka Connect)
- Unix/Linux knowledge and strong shell scripting skills
- Enthusiasm about constantly learning new technologies
- Can-do attitude on problem solving, quality and ability to execute